The governors of Lansdowne Primary are a huge support to the headteacher in making decisions that will secure the best outcomes for Lansdowne pupils and the school community. They are responsible for acting as a critical friend to the senior leadership team and are fully involved in the life and work of the school.
Key responsibilities of the governing body are:
- Standards – ensuring the school promotes high standards of educational achievement, and attendance and behaviour, including the rigorous review of published performance data.
- Targets – setting targets by which progress for pupil achievement and outcomes can be measured
- Curriculum – ensuring that all learners have access to a broad and balance curriculum, and that statutory requirements are met.
- Determining the aims, policies and priorities of the school – in discussions on the School improvement plan, School Self Evaluation; renewal and approval of statutory policies and documents.
- Finance – determining and monitoring the school’s budget.
- Deciding the number of staff, the pay policy and making decisions on staff pay, staff appointments.
- Providing parents with information regarding the school – e.g., via annual report to parents and statutorily required meetings with parents.
- Inspection preparation and follow up – including producing an action plan and monitoring progress following an inspection by Estyn.
- The wellbeing and safeguarding of learners – including promotion of healthy eating
- Awareness of governors’ responsibilities in equality matters and where to seek advice.
- Evaluation of the performance of the governing body as and when required
Please find attached the list of governors for the academic year 2018-2019
We thank them for all their hard work and support.