Year 5 oracy question:
Are we too reliant on technology?
Maths homework 15.11.19
Each lie Pinocchio tells his nose grows 5cm longer.
Each truth he tells his nose gets 3cm shorter.
On Sunday, he told 3 lies and 5 truths.
Was his nose the same length at bedtime as when he woke up?
On Monday, he told more than 3 lies.
His nose was the same length at bedtime as when he woke up.
Work out how many lies and truths he might have told on Monday.
On Tuesday morning Pinocchio's nose was at 4cm. At bedtime it was 21cm. How many lies and truths could he have said?
Write a question of your own to ask someone at home or in school!
Mr Hunter Homework.
LO: To estimate profits and loss to nearest 10, 100 and 1000.
1) Cadbury started the year with a net profit of £5786. Over the course of the year that profit dropped £2766. What is their profit now rounded to the nearest 100?
2) Coca Cola profits started at £28654. Over the course of the year it grew to be 10 times as much. How much profit did coca cola make rounded to the nearest 1000?
3) Every year Lansdowne Primary made £326 profit. This continued for the next 4 years. How much profit did Lansdowne Primary make? Round your answer to the nearest 100.
4) Over the year Rowan makes £53 profit. He then shares this between 3 people. How much does each person get?
5) Over the year Mr Gray makes £259 profit. He shares this between 3 people. How much does each person get?
Any questions about the homework or anything in general, please don't hesitate to email Mr Hunter or Mr Gray. If you prefer to send homework in via email, you can find our email addresses below.