Follow the link ----->
Copy the sentences out and fill in either 'to', 'two' or 'too'
Here is a list of Roman words. Research each one and write a sentence to describe what it was.
Think back to when we wrote Non-chronological reports about the Arctic. Can you remember what features a Non chronological report had? Watch the video to remind yourselves ----->
The only thing the video didn't mention was Pictures/Photos! They are important too!
We would like you to begin planning a non-chronological report about the Romans this week. Over the next few days you will need to research and make notes about certain aspect of Roman Life.
The report will be split into 3 parts - The Army, Roman Leisure activities and Roman clothing and Food.
Today we would like you to find information about the Roman Army, as this is one of the things the Romans were famous for! Use google and the questions opposite to guide you with your research:
(Remember note taking involved not writing full sentences, just key information that you find! Dates, key vocabulary, place or people's names)
- What are some facts about the Roman Army?
- How was the Roman Army organised?
- What countries did the conquer?
- What tactics did they use to fight?
|Thursday||Continuing with your research for your report today we would like you to explore Roman leisure activties i.e. what did Romans do for fun? Use these questions as a prompt---->||
- What sports did the Romans enjoy?
- How did the Romans spend the spare time?
- How did the Romans socialise?
|Friday||Finally, the last paragraph will be about Roman Clothing and Food.||
- What clothes did the Romans wear?
- Did Poor and Rich Romans dress differently?
- What food did the Romans eat?
- Do we still eat any Roman dishes today?
Here are some examples of how you may choose to set out your work. Labelled diagrams and 'Did you know boxes are a great addition to any report! Have an idea how you want to set out your work so that you can gather enough information this week.