Suggested activities for Wednesday 13th January
PLEASE CHOOSE 1 0R 2 OF THE ACTIVITES FOR EACH SUBJECT
We do not expect you to do them all
This week our book is Oliver’s Vegetables by Vivian French
You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcxnE4Xh0-g
30 mins of reading time
30 mins of physical exercise
- Perform the song Heads, shoulders, knees and toes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC6pnWEvVIg
- Time yourself-how many jumps and skips can you do in 30 seconds? How long can you balance on one foot?
- What shapes can you make? Can you make a star? A crab? A bridge. There are some flashcards ate the bottom of the page. How many of the shapes can you make?
- How many numbers can you write? Try up to 20.
- Do you know this number rhyme?
One Two, buckle my shoe!
Three four, knock at the door!
Five six, picking up sticks!
Seven eight, don't be late!
Nine ten, let's say it again!
- Can you use directions to find something that you have hidden in the house or in the garden? You could hide a vegetable, a chocolate bar, a reading book, a toy etc. anything you like but call it 'hidden treasure'. You can use forwards/backwards/left/right. Practice acting out these directions together by directing each other to move in a certain way through jumping or stepping in the right direction. Now can you find the hidden treasure?
- Watch a maths lesson on counting to 20 https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/counting-objects-up-to-20-6rrkgc?activity=video&step=1
- Oliver ate a different vegetable each day. Do you know the order of the days of the week ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtQcnZ2JWsY