Today I would like you to complete an investigation all about shadows. You will be investigating what happens to the size of a shadow when you place the light source closer to and further away from the object. I would like you to report your findings to me. :)
For this you will need the following:
A torch or light source
1. Collect your opaque object and light source
2. Make a prediction about what you think will happen when you move the light source closer to and further away from the object. Start your sentence like this... "I think that the shadow will..."
3. Investigate what happens when you move the light source. Does the shadow get bigger or smaller when the light moves away? Does the shadow get bigger or smaller when the light moves closer to the object?
4. Record your observations and draw pictures of what happens.
5. Email your finding to me: LatchamH1@hwbcymru.net