Suggested activities for Monday 11th January
PLEASE CHOOSE 1 0R 2 OF THE ACTIVITES FOR EACH SUBJECT
We do not expect you to do them all
Our book of the week is Oliver’s Vegetables by Vivian French
You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcxnE4Xh0-g
30 mins of reading time
30 mins of physical exercise
- Count to 10 forwards and backwards
- Count to 20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi8_BWg8WDU
- Can you perform these number rhymes: One potato, two potato/ 12345, One I caught a fish alive
- If you’re confident at adding one more can you find one less? Eg. One less than 7 is 6
- Can you make a sensible estimate up to 10 and understand that this can be checked by counting. Choose 10 sweets/ lego pieces etc. Ask someone to put some in their hand. You make a guess eg 5 then check by counting them. How many times can you estimate and be correct?
- What shapes can you see below. How many circles? How many squares? How many triangles? Draw your own shape pizza.
- Oliver travelled to grandpa’s house on the bus. Have you been on a bus? Talk to someone about how you like to travel – car, bus, bike, plane etc. Send us a video of you explaining how you like to travel.
- Oliver said he didn’t eat vegetables. Do you like vegetables? Can you describe a vegetable you like? Eg Peas are small, sweet and green. You can write or talk about them
- How many words can you think begin with o – Have a look at this Alphablock video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okVh6PE2iKw
- Have fun writing the letters o with a carrot. Dip the tip of a carrot in paint - just like this;
- Can you read it , make it , write it - Try these words at cat sat hat rat fat
- Be brave like Oliver and try a vegetable you’ve never eaten before. Tell a grown-up/send us a video/write about it. Use your senses. What does it feel like? Look like? Taste like? Smell like? Sound like? ( crunchy etc.)
- Vegetables are healthy foods and we should eat lots of them. Can you tell someone what other foods are healthy and some that are not. Perhaps they can write a list for you. Maybe mum or dad will let you raid the cupboards and you can make a list with real foods
- Play this healthy eating game http://resources.hwb.wales.gov.uk/VTC/healthy_eating/eng/Introduction/Plenary.htm
- To be healthy you should eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day. Can you draw 5 that you like.