Well done for writing your three paragraphs
You are now going to look over those paragraphs and I want you to spend ten minutes reading over them. Whilst you are reading make sure you have included:
- Capital letters at the start of sentences
- Full stops to end sentences.
- Adjectives(describing words) to make your sentences more interesting!)
- You have left finger spaces between words
- Make sure you have asked little bear a question eg, Do you like...? or Why are you afraid of the dark?
When you are happy that you have corrected and improved your paragraphs, ask an adult to read over them and offer any help.
You are now going to begin writing your letter to little bear. You have done all of the hard work by getting your three paragraphs written, improved and checked by an adult! You are going to use these to write your letter.
Look at the example letter below (pdf document)
- The first thing you need to do is write your address in the top right hand corner of your page. You can either write your home address or the school address.
- Then you need to miss a line and write Dear Little bear on the left hand side.
- Write your first paragraph underneath.
- Then start a NEW LINE and write your second paragraph.
- Then start a NEW LINE and write your third paragraph.
- Finally, on a new line, write one sentence to close the letter eg, I hope to hear from you soon and that you get a better nights sleep.
- Finish your letter with bye for now/speak to you soon and then write your name underneath.
This activity will take you Wednesday and Thursday to complete. When you are finished get an adult to read your letter to check it all over for you.
I'm really looking forward to reading lots of these guys!