This week the rhyme of the week is going to be Humpty Dumpty .
Humpty Dumpty Egg Science Experiment:
What you need:
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs
- 4 Zip seal bags
- Range of different materials, examples: feathers, marbles/stones, bubble wrap, shredded paper, dry rice, flour, cotton wool
- Draw funny faces on the hard- boiled eggs
- Decide together what you are going to have in each bag.
- Put an egg in each bag and seal it up.
- Using the prediction sheet, predict together what you think is going to happen.
- Sing the nursery rhyme as Humpty falls off either a wall outside or a built wall using Lego or wooden blocks.
- Repeat with all bags.
- When all of the eggs have fallen, look at what has happened to them.
- Have the ones cracked which you thought would have cracked?
- Were there any surprises?